Pumpkin Scented Play Dough is a great activity that will give you many fun and memorable times as a family. Mold it, enjoy the scent, make ornaments, use it for therapy purposes, the fun options are limitless.
Pumpkin Pie Scented Play Dough
You will need the following:
* 2 1/2 cups flour
* 1 cup salt
* 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
* 5 tablespoons cooking oil
* 1 ounce pumpkin pie spice
* Orange food coloring (2 parts yellow to 1 part red, 15 drops total)
* 2 cups water
* Mix all dry ingredients together.
* Add liquid ingredient except for food coloring.
* Mix well.
* Add Food coloring.
* Mix well.
*Cook in a saucepan (using medium heat).
*Stir until the mixture becomes thick and forms a ball (pulling away from the sides of the pan).
* Using wooden spoon, form dough into a ball.
* Place on waxed paper to cool.
* Once cool, knead completely.
* Store in an airtight container (I wrap it in waxed paper for extra protection and to preserve scent even longer, then store it in airtight container).
I came up with this formula last year (2010) and it turned out great. I pulled it out a week ago and it is still perfectly soft and in great shape (after a year in storage). This is a QUALITY recipe.
We LOVE it!!
I'd love to see the creations your family dreams up with this awesome pumpkin scented playdough! Post pics if you get a chance!