Princess Ky Background - The cutest blog on the block

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Glowing Pumpkin Decor and Craft idea - VERY inexpensive


If you can't tell, I am on a Dollar Tree kick!  I LOVE to save money and still participate in holidays and other events. 

I help to coordinate a Bible Study for Moms of Special Needs kids and was looking for a good craft idea to go along with an October lesson.  I was browsing through Dollar Tree, saw a clear glass candy dish and I was blessed with this idea!  =0)

I used these supplies:
*Craft paint - nothing special (I used paint that I have literally had for 10 years)
*Glass Candy Dish with Lid ($1 at Dollar Tree)
*1 battery operated Tea Light Candle (3 for $1 at Dollar Tree)
*Blue Painters Tape (There is also a green version - it would work fine as well)
*Glitter or Glitter paint
*Razor Blade



Directions:
*Use the paint tape to make the face of your pumpkin.  (cut or tear the eyes and mouth)
*Stick them on the clear glass bowl
*Paint the bowl (I used a gold color as I was out of orange)
*Paint the lid (I used a dark green)
*After the paint dries, Pain over your base coat with the glitter paint
Note: If you are using plain glitter, sprinkle it on before your paint dries
*When everything is dry, score the paint around the tape (use a razor blade.  If you don't do this step, your paint may lift off when you take off the tape)
*Remove the tape (Those areas will be clear glass.  If any paint got under the tape, just scrape it off with your fingernail or use the razor blade - it comes right off)
*Place the battery operated Tea light candle inside

*Enjoy your glowing pumpkin



What affordable, fall, crafting ideas do you have? I would love to be inspired!!

Happy Crafting
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment