Princess Ky Background - The cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

FREE Thanksgiving Book and Printable Activities

Here are a few more activities that we have been doing lately.  I love that they are very tactile, colorful and very visually appealing to the eye.  Kylie is a more visual learner so these work perfectly for her.

Life Cycle of a Pumpkin
I have Kylie label each picture and then put them in order

 I found these GREAT activities and was inspired by MANY MORE here  (note: if you download this activity pack, it does take a few minutes as it is over 60 pages of activities)

For this one, she is to add the colored wiggle eyes (which I found at Michael's Craft Store) to each colored creature

 
I was able to customize this activity specifically for Kylie and I LOVE that personal touch!  It also worked out perfectly that the activity is based on/adapted from one of her favorite books: "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" by Bill Martin Jr/Eric Carle



See  how I was able to add Kylie's picture as the "trick-or-treater"? She loved seeing herself in the book!


I was so inspired by this personalized and adapted book that I decided to create a Thanksgiving Version as well! 

You can print the Thanksgiving Book by clicking the following images: 

After clicking on the images below, click on the printer icon at the top right of your screen, Choose what size you want to print the images (I suggest full page)





Once each sheet has printed, cut them apart and either bind them together with a binder ring or simply put them into a small photo album. 

This is also a great teaching tool for teaching your child about the First Thanksgiving.

I love the book "What is Thanksgiving?" and we love the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving dvd - they complement this activity beautifully!

We also have "Squanto and the Miracle of Thanksgiving". It is a GREAT resource for older children but will be too detailed for preschoolers.

I hope you are having a GREAT month reminiscing about all the things, people and memories you can be thankful for.

Be sure to stop back later in the week, I made the cutest turkey for Kylie to exercise her small motor muscles.... it will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment