Princess Ky Background - The cutest blog on the block

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Scones

Today is Day 6 of my series with Jolene Philo, Author of



* To read my Introduction of Jolene click here
* To read part 1 of my interview with Jolene click here
* To read part 2 of my interview with Jolene click here
* To read Jolene Guest Blog Post click here
* For information on Jolene's recipe: Cashew Chicken, click here



Today, Jolene is sharing another of her favorite recipes.  This one would make a GREAT  Christmas morning breakfast!

Jolene shares...

One of my favorite hobbies is sampling foo-foo baked goods or gourmet main dishes and then trying to recreate them at home. So a few years ago I was a woman on a mission after tasting maple oatmeal scones at a fancy coffee chain. (For those of you who want to guess, it wasn’t Caribou Coffee or Dunn Brothers and it’s name began with “S.”)

After perfecting the recipe and enjoying the scones a few times, they slipped my mind -  like so many things do the older I get - until last weekend when a hankering for scones crept up on me. Alongside bean soup, it was a yummy winter meal. My husband commented more than once on how tasty the scones were, and gave them the coveted Hiram Seal of Approval.

They’re easy to make so give them a try and leave a comment about whether or not they receive your family’s seal of approval too.



Maple-Oatmeal Scones


1 3/4 cup flour                                               
3/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder  
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup butter, softened                              
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup maple syrup                                     
2 - 3 tablespoons half and half or buttermilk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Add egg, maple syrup and just enough half and half or buttermilk for the dough to form a ball. (Less liquid is better than more.) Shape dough into a circle about 1 inch thick on a greased cookie sheet. Cut circle into 12 wedges. Pull every other wedge a few inches out of the circle. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 10 minutes. Serve hot.


ALSO.....

As an added bonus, Jolene has generously donated a copy of her new book - just released last month: Different Dream Parenting: A Practical Guide to Raising a Child with Special Needs for me to give away to one lucky reader!

To enter the drawing to receive a FREE copy of Jolene's new book just do one or more of the following before December 22th (the original deadline was Dec 20th, but due to some complications on my part, I am extending the entry deadline):

* Comment on this blog post
* Sign up to "Follow" my blog (and leave a comment letting me know you did)

My next post will be my personal review of Jolene's book.  I am looking forward to sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment